The company announced the commissioning of a new ‘soft coat’ glass plant.
The sales recorded by Tecnoglass SA during the first half of this year totaled (COP) $ 182,776,000,000, representing an increase of 56.6% compared to the same period last year, when they reached (COP) $ 116,698,000,000.
In the first six months of the year, international sales for the company, headquartered in Barranquilla, that has a presence in the markets of different countries in North, Central and South America, amounted to 41% of total sales and totaled $ 74.938 million, an increase of 122.3% compared to sales of $ 33,713 million reported in the first half of 2014, representing a 29% of total sales.
The utilities from the company dedicated to the production of architectural glass and aluminum profiling for the construction of residential and commercial buildings, in the first semester recorded an increase by 98.8% by surpassing from $ 23,623,000 in 2014 to $ 46.969 million this year.
Christian Daes, CEO, said: “It is a very important moment for Tecnoglass. We remain on track to report record results for 2015 and 2016, and we are taking steps to raise our profile in the industry, increase productivity and expand our operations”.
He noted that during the second quarter into operations began on a new extrusion line with a 450 tons per month capacity, a profile painting line and the latest in glass laminating technology.
The projection for the end of the year is to begin operating two more production lines, with which significantly increase the capacity of lamited insulating glass.
New ‘Soft Coat’ Glass Plant (low emissivity)
Daes announced that a new plant for the production of ‘Soft Coat’ glass (Low-E) will soon enter production at its plant in Barranquilla with an investment of USD$43 million. This cutting edge German technology will allow the company to reduce the cost of waste generated by the limitations of the standard sizes in the market for this type of glass.
The Soft Coat Low-E glass has properties that only allow the passage of light, retaining the exterior and interior glass temperatures, resulting in an increased level of efficiency in air conditioning systems in buildings.
The company estimates that the new plant will generate an estimated saving by waste between USD $6 million and $ 8 million per year and it allows the possibility of new sales of over USD $200 million annually.
At launch, the plant will run at 15% of its capacity of more than 7 million square meters per year, to meet the current demand for window frames with Soft Coat and the remaining 85% of capacity, will be addressed in the next two to three years.
Source: El Heraldo